Financial Help for people with cerebral palsy


Children with cerebral palsy are eligible for a number of federal and state benefit programs – from Social Security and Medicaid to lower rent and low-interest loans for technical equipment to assist them. Dealing with cerebral palsy can be difficult for families, especially where the child will have so many people, such as doctors, surgeons, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists pathologists, dental specialists and mental health counselors. Luckily, help is just around the corner.

first stop for financial assistance for cerebral palsy child should apply for Social Security benefits. If you or your child has become disabled under the age of 22, then you are eligible for Adult Child security. If the child is under 18, you can apply for Supplemental Security Income benefits through local Social Security office.

Children with cerebral palsy are taken easily this aid program, which is designed for people with lifelong disabilities or who are too old to work anymore. Sometimes Medicaid health insurance coverage automatically TR, but other times you will have to apply for these benefits. Be sure to ask SSI representative what rules your state are.

There are other resources for those with cerebral palsy. For example, United Cerebral Palsy Community Resource Funds offer emergency funds for maintenance and technical needs. The website USA Tech Guide offers low interest rates, loan technology and state funds to help kids with spastic cerebral palsy get the necessary medical equipment they need.

New mothers who need to take time off from work to care for their children are eligible for additional income (50-60% of normal pay them) from the temporary disability insurance for up to 12 months. When your child reaches school age, the Individual Education Plan (through the Individuals with Disabilities Act) can provide your child with a team of therapists and teachers, as well as an appropriate tool to ensure the child learns all he / she can.

Later in life, as the child with this disability increases in adults, he or she can decide to live on his / her own. With a Section 8 HUD, patients with this disability can get housing assistance vouchers and reduce the rent based on their income and demonstrated need. With Krys Bingham Cerebral Palsy Foundation, eligible residents will pay only 30% of their support, with the rest financed by a government grant.

According to the Foundation, “Too often, people in the prime of life have been forced to live in nursing homes, rehabilitation hospitals, or at home with elderly parents. The KBCPF ‘Hope House’ transforms their lifestyle with this disability from one of social isolation and dependency to one of dignity, share experiences and community involvement. “